Sunday, August 24, 2008

ten cuts, no shavings

So I just returned from a WONDERFUL final week at camp. Very chill, perfect weather, lovely staff. I feel like I've grown even closer with staff, including day camp.

We ventured to this random wood carving museum in Middle of Nowhere, Ohio while a majority of us were hungover. I was exhausted, so I fell asleep in one of the movies. But the other movie about Mooney Warther (the wood carver) had so many good quotes, including:

"I sees it in the wood"
"Ten cuts, no shavings"
and the magnificent plier tree.

Aside from that, I felt like I finally got to enjoy camp on my own terms. I tie-dyed, I hiked, I fished, I boated. I embraced everything about that place and loved it.

Today Jacquie and I went on an adventure to get our traguses (that hard part in front of the inside of your ear) pierced. We ended up with piercings, a loss of gas, a lot of turnarounds in Akron, and bellys full of delicious Metro Burger. I am satisfied and I don't think I will be getting any more piercings. I sure as hell am never going to get a tattoo. I can't deal with something that permanent, and my parents told me they would kill me.

Now I am ranting. I need to go organize my stuff and return to Akron tonight to visit Kelsey. It will be good to catch up on things.

No comments: