Sunday, August 17, 2008

viva la vida

So I decided make a blog. I know, I'm a huge dork, you don't need to tell me twice. I figured since I'm a journalism major I should start writing...

The question is, about what?

I thought the best place to start would be my summer. I'm a camp counselor at CYO Camp Christopher (camping at its finest! Oh wait, we changed the slogan to "growing in nature, community, and spirit). This place is my home, my love, my life.

Wow I sound like I'm in a cult. Seriously though, I had a fantastic experience there this summer. I feel like I've grown so much. I'm going back on Tuesday for old people camp (which I've never worked before), so that should be interesting.

As I write this, I feel jittery and my hands are shaking a lot. I think I am addicted to coffee. I had an I.C. caramel from Panera today, which is the first coffee drink I have consumed since Tuesday, and my nerves are going haywire.

I've felt like this a lot this summer. Jumpy, unsettled. Maybe I just need to be at peace with something. I find that peace at camp, but hopefully I will find it at college as well.

No comments: