Monday, October 13, 2008

wow

I haven't written in here for awhile. I've been so caught up in every aspect of college- social scenes, procrastination, choir, midterms.

I'm really stressed. College is harder than I thought it would be. I'm not here to vent about my life, though the temptation to do so is a bit overwhelming.

However, I'm not a middle school Myspacer, although sometimes I feel that way in this competitive and mixed-up life I call college.

I'm eighteen years old, yet I am not an adult. I am not a child. I am somewhere in between. I am still growing and I still have much to learn.

What have I learned so far in college?
  1. People change. I barely recognize some of my former best friends. It's sad. And sometimes I wonder if I'm the one changing.
  2. School requires effort. I was spoon-fed in high school. I actually have to take initiative to get things done.
  3. I must reward myself after accomplishing a task (not before).
  4. I must still have fun in the simplest ways (i.e. playing board games, running around in a field, taking pictures of the fall leaves, staying up late)

So here I am. Growing, but not quite growing up just yet.

I am content with that.

No comments: